Day 2: Williams, AZ to Cortez, CO
It felt so good to wake up to cooler weather. It was 80F when we left our campsite...the wrong way down a logging road. No turn around for miles, according to my phone. It only took us 20 minutes to turn around after we unhooked the Jeep. After that we were okay to go, at least we didn't get stuck.
I really forget how beautiful Northern Arizona is. It's been a while since I've driven to 4 Corners. If this wasn't a first time visit to Corners for Kevin and the girls, I'd have suggested we drive Monument Valley instead. It was nostalgic going back. My sister Stephanie and I were a little bit younger than my girls when I visited for the first time. Back then (early 80's), it wasn't nearly as built up as it is now. There are buildings for the vendors now-not tents set up on the gravel. The wares were the same; lots of jewelry, carved stone pieces, sandstone art and t-shirts. We took our photos and got back on the road.
Fortunately, Kevin knows how much their girls love swimming, especially after a long day of driving. He always tries to make sure that our campground has a pool and after a long day of driving, that is the perfect way to end our day.
Memorable Moment: The morbidly obese squirrels at our campground in Williams. Cutest squirrels ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment